Thursday, September 24, 2009

Las Vegas!!!

So, I asked Brian to take me out for a night for my birthday. I wanted a whole night away. I hadn't slept a night away from the kids, except for when I had another baby and was in the hospital. Many of you know, when Brian does something, he either does it the very economical way, or he goes all out. Well, this time, he went all out. He surprised me, somewhat. He planned everything, and a week or two out, he told me we were going to Las Vegas. He still kept some secrets though. We left on the evening of Friday, September 18th, and came back on Monday, the 21st. It was so much fun and a much needed break.


One place that we went to was the M&M store. There was a fun factory like thing to walk through, and then the store.





The main surprise was that he took me to "The Phantom of the Opera". He also got us front row tickets. It was amazing! I'm still singing the songs, and we went on Saturday night.



He also splurged and reserved us a room in a very nice hotel. It was the Encore, and it was beautiful! There was an indoor garden, with flowers and trees. You can see behind us, they also had balls of flowers hanging from the trees.


This was where we checked in and out, in the hotel lobby. Butterfly images were everywhere. Here is a link to our hotel if you're interested. http://www.encorelasvegas.com/#/homepage/ We had the resort suite, king size bed.




When we were waiting for our shuttle to the airport, we saw several Rolls Royce cars that were owned by the hotel.


We realized that we weren't that interested in taking too many pictures, because it's just us. We're kind of boring. When you have kids, I think you realize that. The kids are just so much more interesting.
Another thing that we saw was the water fountains at the Bellagio. Here is a link to what we saw, if you are interested. This may be a bit silly, but I did choke up a little bit when we watched it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R5KAmLNHdw
We spent a lot of time walking down the strip and through all of the hotels on the strip. Some of those hotels are pretty amazing!
Brian is also amazing! I will never forget what he did. We had an amazing time. Thank you Brian!!! Also, thank you so much Jake and Angie, for watching our kids! We owe you big time!

6 comments:

Garth and Alicia said...

Wow! What a wonderful birthday suprise! I'm so glad you got some alone time!

Brenda said...

What a great birthday present! I'm sure it was well deserved!

Angie said...

I'm so happy you guys had such a good time. You need to get away more often! Good for you guys!!!

Melissa said...

That is awesome, good job Brian! You completely deserved it Elise!

Julie said...

How fun! That sounds so wonderful! And I have to say WOO HOO Brian, you really did it right, I am so impressed! Front row tickets? My birthday is coming up pretty soon...

Beth said...

Thanks for the pictures and the shared enjoyment! You did deserve a break, Elise, being with small children day in and day out is an enormous job! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time!